This 30 minute video uses words from my flashcards in conjunction with live video footage of my children showing the meaning of each word. The video is 3.5 GB, so make sure you have enough room on your computer before downloading it. If you need a video player, I recommend using VLC or Quick Time.
Words Video on YouTube
If you’d like to check out my video before downloading it, you can head on over to my YouTube Embracing Motherhood channel and check out my Words Video there! I also have videos to teach the ABCs as well as shapes, numbers, and colors.
Check out my blog Memorizing Words Leads to Reading for tips and tricks to teach your child (of any age…baby, toddler, preschooler, or young child) to memorize these words. The more exposure children get to memorizing words at a young age, the easier it will be for them to learn how to read.
Check out all of the blogs in my Teach Your Child to Read series: Every blog has tips, tricks, and a variety of resources that include everything you need to teach your child to read.
- Everything You Need to Know to Teach Your Child to Read
- #1-Introduce Your Baby to Reading
- #2-Learning How to Read Begins with the ABCs
- #3-Memorizing Words Leads to Reading
- #4-Building Vocabulary with Numbers, Colors, and Shapes
- #5-Teaching Phonics with Three Letter Word Families
- #6-Teach Your Child Long Vowels, Digraphs, and Other Vowels for Reading Success
- #7-Creating Independent Readers
- #8-Reinforcing Reading with Writing