This 12 minute video uses shapes, words, and images from my flashcards in conjunction with live video footage of my children showing different examples and talking about the attributes of each shape. The video is 1.4 GB, so make sure you have enough room on your computer before downloading it. If you need a video player, I recommend using VLC or Quick Time.
Numbers Video on YouTube
If you’d like to check out my video before downloading it, you can head on over to my YouTube Embracing Motherhood channel and check out my Numbers Video there! I also have videos to teach the ABCs as well as words, numbers, and colors.
Check out my blog Building Vocabulary with Numbers, Colors, and Shapes for tips and tricks to teach your child (of any age…baby, toddler, preschooler, or young child) the shapes, colors, and numbers. The more exposure children get to the to these concepts at a young age, the easier it will be to commit them to their long term memory. Knowing the names of shapes, colors, and numbers will give children the vocabulary to describe and interact with the world around them.
Check out all of the blogs in my Teach Your Child to Read series: Every blog has tips, tricks, and a variety of resources that include everything you need to teach your child to read.
- Everything You Need to Know to Teach Your Child to Read
- #1-Introduce Your Baby to Reading
- #2-Learning How to Read Begins with the ABCs
- #3-Memorizing Words Leads to Reading
- #4-Building Vocabulary with Numbers, Colors, and Shapes
- #5-Teaching Phonics with Three Letter Word Families
- #6-Teach Your Child Long Vowels, Digraphs, and Other Vowels for Reading Success
- #7-Creating Independent Readers
- #8-Reinforcing Reading with Writing