There are 44 phonemes (sounds) in the English language, and these other vowels flashcards provide the remainder of the sounds that aren’t covered in my other flashcards. By teaching children some of the common spelling patterns for these other vowel sounds, they will be able to have a solid foundation of skills that will make learning how to read a breeze.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
–> 5 PDF pages on (11″ x 8.5″ landscape) with 4 flashcards per page.
–> Print on card stock, round the corners, and laminate. I recommend hole punching the top two corners and adding 1″ rings for durable use. (To make sure the margins are correct, print from Chrome and make sure “fit to page” is not selected. You may have problems getting the correct margins in the Edge browser.)
–> Check out my blog Teach Your Child Long Vowels, Digraphs, and Other Vowels for Reading Success for tips and tricks to teach your child how to read long vowel words. The more exposure children get to the to these concepts at a young age, the easier it will be to commit them to their long term memory and help them learn how to read.
Check out all of the blogs in my Teach Your Child to Read series: Every blog has tips, tricks, and a variety of resources that include everything you need to teach your child to read.
- Everything You Need to Know to Teach Your Child to Read
- #1-Introduce Your Baby to Reading
- #2-Learning How to Read Begins with the ABCs
- #3-Memorizing Words Leads to Reading
- #4-Building Vocabulary with Numbers, Colors, and Shapes
- #5-Teaching Phonics with Three Letter Word Families
- #6-Teach Your Child Long Vowels, Digraphs, and Other Vowels for Reading Success
- #7-Creating Independent Readers
- #8-Reinforcing Reading with Writing