Children can use these individual letters flashcards to build the three letter words from my Word Families Flashcards Set #2. I recommend separating each word family into small baggies with the word family label taped on the outside and and then place all small baggies into a gallon size Ziploc bag with the cover flashcard taped on the top for easy storage.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
–> 13 PDF pages on (8.5″ x 11″ portrait) with 4 flashcards per page.
–> Print on card stock and round the corners. You can laminate for extra durability, but I didn’t and it’s been fine. (To make sure the margins are correct, print from Chrome and make sure “fit to page” is not selected. You may have problems getting the correct margins in the Edge browser.)
–> Check out my blog Teaching Phonics with Three Letter Word Families for tips and tricks to teach your child how to sound out, read, and memorize three letter words. The more exposure children get to the to these concepts at a young age, the easier it will be to commit them to their long term memory and help them learn how to read.
Check out all of the blogs in my Teach Your Child to Read series: Every blog has tips, tricks, and a variety of resources that include everything you need to teach your child to read.
- Everything You Need to Know to Teach Your Child to Read
- #1-Introduce Your Baby to Reading
- #2-Learning How to Read Begins with the ABCs
- #3-Memorizing Words Leads to Reading
- #4-Building Vocabulary with Numbers, Colors, and Shapes
- #5-Teaching Phonics with Three Letter Word Families
- #6-Teach Your Child Long Vowels, Digraphs, and Other Vowels for Reading Success
- #7-Creating Independent Readers
- #8-Reinforcing Reading with Writing