In this video, my 4 year old son Julian and I did a variety of hands on activities to help him learn these word families. If you need a video player to watch this video after downloading, I recommend using VLC or Quick Time.
You can download this video so that you’ll have it regardless of whether or not you have Wi-Fi, or you can watch it here on YouTube.
Check out my blog Teach Phonics with Three Letter Word Families for more tips, tricks, and additional resources to teach your child how to sound out three letter word families. The more exposure children get at a young age, the easier they will be to learn!
After watching the video, your child may be motivated to do some of these three letter word family activities! I recommend using my Word Families Flashcards Set #2 and my Word Families Letters Set #2 along with this video to teach your child how to sound out three letter words. Everything in set #1 is along the same lines as set #2 but with different activities and word families.
Check out all of the blogs in my Teach Your Child to Read series: Every blog has tips, tricks, and a variety of resources that include everything you need to teach your child to read.
- Everything You Need to Know to Teach Your Child to Read
- #1-Introduce Your Baby to Reading
- #2-Learning How to Read Begins with the ABCs
- #3-Memorizing Words Leads to Reading
- #4-Building Vocabulary with Numbers, Colors, and Shapes
- #5-Teaching Phonics with Three Letter Word Families
- #6-Teach Your Child Long Vowels, Digraphs, and Other Vowels for Reading Success
- #7-Creating Independent Readers
- #8-Reinforcing Reading with Writing