As we approach colder days and sicker days (The two always go hand in hand don’t they?), I love making a nourishing chicken bone broth and using it in as many different recipes as I can. I was looking for something different than my standard chicken soup recipe and came across this. Here is my version. I love this soup so much that I want to eat it (or drink it) for every meal! It’s also really great if you’re trying to do a low carb or keto diet.
- 6 c. Bone Broth (Check out my simple recipe here.)
- 2 Eggs (Pastured or organic would be best.)
- 1 T. Bragg Liquid Aminos (Get some here.)
- 1 t. Sriracha (Get some here.)
- ½ t. Cornstarch (or Arrowroot powder)
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil some chicken bones and get yourself some bone broth. If you roast and boil and entire chicken, it will make way more than 6 cups, but this recipe is best to eat right away. So I recommend saving the rest of the broth to make more egg drop soup later, turn it into a standard chicken soup, or freeze it for later.
- Add the Bragg Liquid Aminos, Sriracha, salt, and pepper. *With the salt and pepper, I just add it to my taste preference.
- Bring the broth to a slow rolling boil. (Set the dial to about a 6, stir occasionally until it boils, then turn it down to a 3 and let it continue to boil.)
- Mix the cornstarch into a cup of water (so it won’t be clumpy) and add to the boiling water. (You can add a little bit to the eggs to make them creamier too.)
- Beat the two eggs, add a bit of salt and pepper, and slowly drizzle into the boiling water.
- Turn off the heat, let it cool a bit, and serve right away! Sprinkle some scallions on top for a nice little touch or add some chicken to make this more of a meal. I like pouring mine into a mug and just sipping on it!