When my sister Lisa was visiting recently from Oklahoma, I loved seeing how much my little two year old nephew Tristan loved his “pizza toast”, and it inspired me to make some pizza toast of my own! I went on a little pancake binge not too long ago and created every conceivable recipe for pancakes that I could imagine (I have since created several more, but I’m sick of writing recipes for pancakes!) Well, now I feel like everything is coming up pizza these days! And why not? Kids love pizza, it’s a great way to incorporate a mixture of foods and flavors, and there are many different ways to make it if you’re feeling creative!
- Sourdough Muffins (or whatever kind of bread you have or like to use)
- Organic Tomato Sauce (glass jars are best, but we make do)
- Herbs and Spices (basil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt)
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded, or any cheese you like or have around)
- Toppings (pepperoni, ground hamburger, lunch meat, green pepper, tomato, green olives, etc.)
- Cut the sourdough muffins in half and top generously with butter. (I like putting my salt and garlic powder on at this point, but it can go on top of the sauce too.)
- Place a spoonful of tomato sauce on top of each muffin and spread using the back of the spoon.
- Top with herbs and spices.
- Sprinkle generously with cheese.
- Add any desired toppings.
- Pop in the toaster oven for 10 minutes (or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted and bubbly).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into little pieces. (My kids always like eating bite sized things.)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!